Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Roasted Carrot Halves in Lemon Thyme Butter

So simple.

So delicious.

These were the best carrots I've ever had in my entire life.

Like many people, the wife and I are both of the mind that naturally 'sweet' foods are best when that sweetness is downplayed rather than highlighted.  

So with carrots, which can be really sweet, I usually opt for a very intentionally savoury route.

Enter the lemon thyme butter.


This is really simple; melted butter, lemon thyme leaves, and a pinch of sea salt.

I've actually long extolled the virtues of cooking vegetables with flavoured butters.  If you put a bit of effort into a delicious, herby, butter, it almost takes all the effort of the dishes you cook in it!

So it is the case with these carrots.

They are also very simply prepared.

Rinsed, lightly skinned, and halved.




 They get tossed in the lemon thyme butter, and then arranged on a baking sheet with the thinnest pieces in the middle, and the thicker larger pieces near the edges of the pan.  



I've also chosen to 'alternate' their orientation, all to facilitate an uniform and even cooking.

After about 15-20 minutes at 350°, they were soft, fully cooked, and only slightly crispy on the edges.



These were so freaking good.

I recommend this to anyone, whether typically a fan of carrots or not.

So delicious.



YUM!